The Importance of Conversion
The main focus of most websites is simple – get people to act.
DESPITE THIS GOAL, THIS IS NOT THE PHILOSOPHY THAT GUIDES THE DESIGN OF MANY SITES.
THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES ARE OFTEN:
- Wanting it to look like site X, run by a competitor (only better)
- Wanting it to be graphically impressive, a work of art.
- Wanting it to explain everything the business does in great detail. For most business owners, it’s better to not start with the above principles, but with the principle of getting people to take action. This is what separates a profitable website from an expensive online brochure.
WHEN YOUR GUIDING PRINCIPLE, IS “HOW CAN I GET PEOPLE TO TAKE ACTION”, YOU START TO ASK CERTAIN QUESTIONS.
- What do I offer customers that they really value?
- How am I different to my competitors?
- How do I prove that my business is trustworthy?
- How do I make it easy for people to contact me?
- What will persuade a person to get in touch?
- How can I sweeten the deal and take the risk out for the customer?
- What information does a customer really need when they arrive on my site?
The answers to these questions should guide the text/video/layout and design of the website. At the same time, the site needs to be search engine optimised and brand and position the company correctly.
Balancing these tasks is a job for an experienced web team that understands conversion, design, buyer psychology and search marketing.
Need some help?
Fill out the form below to arrange a free consultation and find out about your best marketing options.
Do you need some Industry based Marketing help?
If you want a partner that works with you, understands your business and basically could do everything you need - Click the button below!